Friday, June 16, 2017

Dresden Plate

Just finishing up my Dresden Plate block. It's one of the blocks to a sampler quilt. This quilt has been left behind because the quilt along had stopped with no instructions to the completed quilt😞. So, instead if making a table runner (something I should of did long time ago), I tucked it away. I finally pulled it out to work on. 

I'm adding blocks I have not made quilts from. This will give me the opportunity to explore different quilt blocks (something beginner quilters did in the past, especially young girls).  Also, I will later decide whether I would make a quilt from one of these blocks. 
Dresden Plate Block
 This quilt block  (above) was a fun block to do. I think I will make a table runner with placemats one day. But for now, I am trying to reduce the amount of UFO's I have (too many to say..😁). But I have completed 4 this year. Yay! 

Here are some of the other blocks I recently added. 
Card Trick, Jacob Ladder, Morning Star (Long Star)

Drunkard Path, Unknown name ,Milky Way
 These earlier blocks (left and below) were part of the quilt along. They are reading monochromatic. So the blocks I'm adding has a splash of Triad colors.

Bricks, Monkey Wrench
Let's go Sew and make someone HAPPY!

Tea




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. Please come back soon! You can sign up for "Follow by Email" to keep up with all my latest activities.