Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Quilting with Enough Contrast

Have you wonder if you have enough contrast in your quilt? Sometimes I want to control where my contrast value are placed. It can give a pattern a different look.Did you know medium fabrics can read as light fabric?

Under the Stars


My Under the Stars scrap quilt needed enough light and dark fabrics. The stars were a secondary design in this quilt pattern. The medium fabrics I used must not produce a light value.

I took a pictures of my quilt using different settings. The mono setting was the best setting to show color value. The light fabrics are read as dark fabrics. The mediums  fabrics read as light fabrics. And the dark fabrics read as medium fabrics.

I can see I had good contrast value in this quilt. This is awesome!
I will be playing more with my photo setting in the futures. I'll just take mono picture after selecting my fabrics. A mono photo of  a sample block can help with the  fabric placement value, especially in scrappy quilt. Give this a try when you feel stump with contrast and value.

Now, go sew to make someone HAPPY!

Tea
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body,. And be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

No comments: