Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cinnamon Stars

Around 2005, Moda came out with “The Tinbox Sampler Series”. The Tinbox Sample Series contained up to forty (40) 5”x 5” prints swatches from their fabric line. Each tin box had step by step instructions for a mini quilt, a CD was included with the designer’s bios, the entire collection color swatch library, directions for a larger quilt, recipes and more vital information. Now Moda has something similar: it’s called Frivols Tins (contains 10” squares).




I purchased my Cinnamon Stars Tinbox Sampler Series in 2005  with the intent to start and finish that year. Well, here we are in 2015 and they are still tucked away. So, I decided to complete this project from start to finish. Here are some of the yummy colors. The fabric line was inspired by vintage children’s drawing. I guess children's clothing in drawings. I can’t see children of the past drawing this well with limited recourses….lol. Anyway, I love the collection.








Here is my mini quilt; completely cut out.      Wooho! 
















I quilted it using my walking foot. I wanted an organic quilting look. So, I went with vertical wavy lines.














I chose a pretty batik for the back. The leftover Moda fabrics was used for the binding. I think the scrappy binding shows up better on the back.

Oops! I need a label on this one.







I really enjoyed making this quilt. I didn't have to think about what colors to use or fabric placement. I followed the instructions with no changes (that was hard….lol). But doing this, allowed me to finish this 15” x 15” mini quilt quickly. Yippee!






I completed it on April 18, 2015. I know my last  and current post are quilts I completed earlier this year. But I was working hard on my family reunion (it was a great celebration by the way). This is last quilt I completed before the family reunion. I was working on two other quilts before the family reunion, but had to use my studio as a guest room. I will post pictures of them later. In the meantime,

Sew to make someone Happy!

Tea
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. Please come back soon! You can sign up for "Follow by Email" to keep up with all my latest activities.