Saturday, December 13, 2014

Two Handed Potholder

 I made my first sewing project since surgery. I needed a quick hostess gift for Thanksgiving. My niece recently moved back home and was hosting her 1st Thanksgiving Dinner with the family. She recently told me, she had left her potholders doing last minute baking before taking the road back home. I thought this would be an ideal hostess gift for her.  When she open the gift bag, she had a big smile on her face. She told me, she felt I would be making her potholders. I glad I didn't disappoint her. I can sleep with comfort knowing her hands with be protected.

Also, I am trying out a new approach of making my labels. I used bias tape, backed with stabilizer. I sewn my name (saved in memory for later usage) using the font feature on my sewing machine. I like this way for small projects. You will be seeing this type of label in the future. But, I will always use the old method for my quilt labels. The old method has much more information documenting my quilts.

No comments: