Saturday, December 13, 2014

2 + 6 = Baby Quilt Along

Week 1 -Chevron Blocks
I have been trying to make up for lost time. Is that possible? Can I use my daylight saving time NOW? Anyway, I commented myself to joining a quilt along. Thinking 'baby quilt'. How hard can that be. I had my 6 fabrics pick out after Kari Schell of On Point Quilter, announced her quilt along. Well, it's hard when you fall behind. And trying to sew with a foot recovering from surgery is harder. So, one week went by. I told myself, "I can get this done in no time. I have my fabrics picked out", which is always hard for me. Then week 2 past and week 3. I got to get a grip on this. 
Last night, I completed cutting out my fabrics for week 1 & 2. I was determined to finish my half squared triangle for my Chevron Blocks before going to bed. Mission accomplished! Yay! This afternoon, I was able to complete the two Chevron rolls (above) and the Square in a Square roll (below).

Week 2 - Square in a Square Blocks
Tomorrow I will try to cut out and complete week 3 & 4. Whew! that's a lot of sewing. I will have to pace myself. I sometimes forget I'm still recovering from surgery.

Now let's go sew to make someone HAPPY!

Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. Please come back soon! You can sign up for "Follow by Email" to keep up with all my latest activities.