Friday, April 18, 2014

President Obama Quilt

This week I have been working on the backing for my President Obama quilt. This quilt started out being simple. But I thought it needed a little something more. Here are the blocks I have sewing this week for the backing.
Tea Quilt



As you can see, I love stars. I have two more stars to complete before putting it all together. I think I might embroider the  single "Evening Star". With the large white space, it seems to scream..."Embroider me!" (LOL)  How about
Barack Obama
44th USA
President
 hum... has an nice ring to it.

 I'm excited about how it will turn out. I haven't yet figure out how I'm going to quilt it. But I have ideas dancing in my head.

Terry
Sew to make someone happy!

2 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

The flag quilt is striking, Terry! Even as a Canadian.... I love that! And those star blocks are sew well done, too. The embroidery idea is great!

Quiltbible said...

Thank you Lorna. And thank you for stopping by my blog. I am very sorry it took long to reply. I have been very sick. I will post my completed quilt within a couple of days. Please, come back and visit me soon.