Saturday, February 22, 2014

Jean Shopping Tote Bag


After not being able to sew for 6 months due to neck surgery, I have been given the okay to sewing again. I never thought I would miss sewing this much. What a JOY! I didn't want to just dive right in with a big project. So I choose to do a small project I found on Craftsy. It was a free pattern called "Shopping Tote".


I made some modifications to make it my own. I used recycled jean fabric for the main part and handles. I used faux suede (I had in my stash) for my trim. I used my decorative stitches to stitch the front. This was fun. I always wanted to do something like this, but never took the time. I'm really glad I did this. Now I will use my decorative stitches more often.





I incorporated the seam from a jean leg for the back. This gives the tote bag a unique look.


The sides bottom inset piece was cut to incorporate the back pocket. I make sure I had enough fabric cut above the pocket to allow for the hem.


I  embroidered on the side to show my love for quilting.
 I really had fun making this recycled jean tote bag. Now when I go shopping (whether it a quilt shop, grocery store, or the mall) I am expressing my love for quilting. I am sure you will be able to find lots of ways to use this recycled jean tote bag.

Now lets go quilting. I know I definitely am!

PS…All photos and information are the property of Terry F.B. Roberson @ Tea's Quilts & Etc. and are intended for personal use only.  Feel free to re-blog and Pin with attribution to Tea's Quilts & Etc.  For all other uses, please contact me at quiltbible@yahoo.com

Terry

No comments: